Tuesday, November 3, 2015

30 Days of Gratitude-- Day 3: Thankful for the right to vote

As I shared yesterday, for the month of November, I am going to try to post at least 1 thing each day that I am thankful for. I invite each of you to do the same, either on your own blogs or in the comments section. I hope that it will help me to see that I have a lots of things to be thankful for....


DAY 3: 
On this third day of November, I am thankful for the right to vote. Today is election day in the USA, and we as citizens have a responsibility to get out and make our voices heard. It is one of the privileges of living in this country. And being a woman, there is a special feeling about getting to vote as that right has not always been there. It wasn't until 1920 that women were allowed to vote, so I want to make sure that I honor those people who fought for women to have the right to vote by going out to vote.


 In our town, we only have a couple contested races on this ballot. There is the race for mayor, pitting someone who has been in office forever against a younger candidate who wants to make changes. And there are a couple state wide issues, including whether Ohio should legalize marijuana or not. After I picked Benjamin up from preschool this morning, I took him with me to go and vote. It saddens me that they were not busy at all when I went. However, that did not stop me. I made my voice heard. And as I put on facebook, if you don't vote then don't complain to me about the government!

If you live in the USA did you vote today?
If you are joining in with being thankful....what are you thankful for today? 




1 comment:

  1. Great idea! Let's see...we just had a federal election and voted in a new Prime Minister so I'm grateful for having the vote and living in a democracy where us ordinary folks can create change! Since this is Nov. 4th I'll add a couple more: I'm grateful for this "harvest" time of year - so much great food out there to enjoy and I'm grateful for my daughter who still spends time with her momma and for Luna and Lily our fun loving and affectionat kitties!

    ReplyDelete