Friday, November 13, 2015

30 Days of Gratitude- Day 13: Good Friends

As I shared, for the month of November, I am going to try to post at least 1 thing each day that I am thankful for. I invite each of you to do the same, either on your own blogs or in the comments section. I hope that it will help me to see that I have a lots of things to be thankful for....


DAY 13: 
Today I am thankful for good friends. 
I will admit that there are times that I am awkward in social situations. Looking back, my growing up years were painful when trying to find and keep friends. College was a little better, but even then I wasn't one who had a ton of friends. Lots of aquantices but not a lot of people I was comfortable calling friends. OVer the last few years, there were only a handful of people that I would consider close friends. Over the past year, I have come to find out who was true friends and whose colors I never really knew. 

Source
I will say that I could probably count on 2 hands the number of friends that I consider that I am really, really close too. I am discovering as I am getting older, that that is okay. There are a few of these friends who live on the other side of the world-- in Australia and Singapore. We don't always talk, but when we do, it is like we are back in time and we just start right where we left off. There are friends, who have stood by my side in the last few months, who understand my side of the story and support me and my family. 

Source
So today, I am thankful for those people whom I consider good friends! 




If you are joining in with being thankful....what are you thankful for today? 




No comments:

Post a Comment