Friday, November 27, 2015

Thanksgiving 2015 Recap: The WHOLE bottle of Bailey's

Yesterday, we spent a nice time at my parent's house for Thanksgiving dinner. Overall, we had 15 people in attendance-- Myself, Bill, Rebecca, Jacob, Benjamin, my mom, my dad, my sister, my brother, his girlfriend, my other brother, his wife, and their 3 kids.



The kids spent LOTS of time running around and being crazy. They jumped on their Pappy (my dad). They played with toys and made a mess. They colored pictures. They had fun being kids and playing with their cousins.



The adults spent lots of time laughing and talking.



Dinner was very yummy! We had turkey, mashed potatoes, rolls, sweet potatoes with marshmallows on top, stuffing, gravy, green beans, and cranberry sauce. For desserts, we had pumpkin pie, apple pie and kolacky (all of which my sister had made, under my help).


After dinner, we also had cake for my niece's birthday which was the day before yesterday!


After my brother and his family left, my mom pulled out the bottle of Chocolate Cherry Bailey's that she had chilling in the fridge. After pouring shots for herself, my dad, me and Bill, we toasted the holiday and shared a lot more laughs. I will admit that I hardly ever drink. Well....my dad and I managed to finish off the entire bottle of Bailey's between us.


It was a good thing that Bill really wasn't drinking, because he had a head cold, because I was in NO shape to drive home. On the drive home, I kept thinking Bill was veering towards the left line.

We came home, got the kids to bed and watched the Packers lose before we headed to bed with full tummies and thankful hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment