Thursday, November 5, 2015

30 Days of Gratitude-- Day 4: My Kids

As I shared, for the month of November, I am going to try to post at least 1 thing each day that I am thankful for. I invite each of you to do the same, either on your own blogs or in the comments section. I hope that it will help me to see that I have a lots of things to be thankful for....


DAY 4: 
(Sorry this wasn't posted last night...better late than never!)

On this fourth day of November, I am thankful for my children. They are the light of my life and the reason that I get up in the morning, do what I do and they may also be the reason that I have a few more grey hairs now than I have ever had. They are the driving force behind why Bill and I get up in the morning and go to to work to try to give them the best life we can. We have made some major changes in regards to their lives this past year, including putting them into different schools, and they have taken each stride in step. We had parent-teacher conferences last night and both Rebecca and Jacob got great reports. (We have Ben's conference on Friday). Rebecca, Jacob and Benjamin are all smart, loving, caring and crazy. 

Last night, I had to take the kids to an ASD support group that was being held at our local arts and crafts store. As I was walking in, the kids walked in a few feet in front of me. There was an older woman who was standing at the front of the store, right inside the door, who looked at the kids and then asked me "Are they all yours?" I thought she was going to yell because the kids were several feet ahead of me. I said yes. She then proceeded to smile and say "Bless you. Isn't motherhood great?" Then she proceeded to tell me that I had adorable children and that I looked like a happy mom. And you know what, I am. I love my children more than anything and I am so very thankful that Bill and I have been blessed with them. 

If you are joining in with being thankful....what are you thankful for today? 




No comments:

Post a Comment