Saturday, November 14, 2015

30 Days of Gratitude- Day 14

As I shared, for the month of November, I am going to try to post at least 1 thing each day that I am thankful for. I invite each of you to do the same, either on your own blogs or in the comments section. I hope that it will help me to see that I have a lots of things to be thankful for....


DAY 14: 

Today I am thankful for a country that has security measures in place to protect their own citizens and who reaches out to help others who are affected by hatred of terrorists. As I read and watch the horrors that have occurred in Paris, I am reminded that these attacks can happen anywhere. I am thankful that, while probably not perfect, we have administrators in our own government who are looking to stop acts of terrorism on American soil. Intelligence is working day in and day out to stop senseless acts of terrorism to form on American soil. I am grateful for our government. I am also thankful for all those who put their lives on the lines fighting these terrorists day in and day out. These people are heroes. 
 
I wasn't sure how I wanted to approach the horrors that happened in Paris. However, I will say this, I pray for the people of Paris and France. I pray for humankind...I fear that we are in the throes of what very well may be World War III. I pray that we has humankind can band together and not allow fear and hatred cloud who we are and that love of humankind can prevail. 


If you are joining in with being thankful....what are you thankful for today? 




No comments:

Post a Comment